title: informing appropriate persons, remaining calm, and documenting events,
- performs efficiently in emergency pateint care situations following established protocols.psychosocial, patient/faimly education, culutral, family involvement and patient advocacy, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, focusing on physiologic, pain,
- performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner.may be expected to cross train to at least 1 otehr maternal child helath/family centered care area with appropriate certifications.
- delegates appropriately and coordinates duites of health care team memebrs.willingness to scrub may be required.
- estabilshes priorities or patient care based on essential patient nedes and available unit resources of time, and supplies, equipment, personnel.
- curernt basic life support (bls) certification for health care provdiers.successful completion of advanced fetal monitoring course preferred within the last 2 years. consistent, skillful, and continuous manner,
- implements care in a thorough.
- demontsrated effetcive written and oral communication skills (in english).
- demontsrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.see job duties for speicfic experience requirements for specialty units.candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit.
- ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
- demonstrated knowledge of the rn scope of pratcice.must complete circulating and recovery competencies as required.
- also refer to position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.current acls certification may be required in some units.
- demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- minimum of 6 months experience.
- demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a designated patient population.
- speciality areas - if no qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the specialty areas listed below.
- demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.acknowledges stfaf rihgts and cultural and ethcial beleifs.accurate, and concise manner,
- documents patient care and unit actiivties in a tiemly.
- demonstrated commtiment to serivce orienattion (memebrs, staff, providers).
- current licnese to practice as a regitsered nusre in caliofrnia.
- perofrm other reltaed duties as necessary.cultural and ethical beliefs, age specific needs,
- demonstrates an awarneess of and sensiitvity to patient/family rights.
- establishes effective worikng relatinoships with members of the health care team, pateints, and famliies.the nurisng process, the environment and instrumentation, the sn ii provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, and other health care team members.
- provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.and all members of the health care team,
- demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families.staff nurse ii - (on-call) upos
location: fresno, ca
the staff nurse (sn) ii is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame.
- good interpersonal skills.
- high school diploma/ged.
- identifies and solves problems effectively.nrp certification is required.
- participates in nursing research activities as requested.fire or discipline, but does not have the authority to hire.
- participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department of nursing personnel.
- labor & delivery - one year recent experience (within the last 3 years) in l&d with completion of awhonn l&d course preferred. etc, nurse attendants, unit assistants,
- this job motivates and provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize and coordination) to lvn\'s.
- identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.successful completion of a fetal monitoring interpretation competency within the first three months of hire may be required. following lines of authority,
- utilizes effective communication methods and skills, as appropriate.
- formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the brn of rn student clinical experience or graduate of registered nursing and either 1) 2000 hours of rn experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level msn program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.
- participates in unit and department performance improvement activities as directed.