- exercises clinical judmgent wihtin the scpoe of pratcice.mqsa,
- documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive & accurate manner & maintains documentation as required by acr, in the state of california.
- conducts a patient interview to attain full understanding of procedure & ultimately obtaining consent of the patient.ca
under general supervision, operates dedicated & specialized mammography radiographic equipment; formulates/calculates techniques & posiitons pateints to produce diagnostic imgaes of nomral & abnromal human breast & associated tissue & related unusual changes for the use by physicians in making medical diagnoses, mammography rad tech i
location: santa ana.
- stays in continual contact w/ any disoriented or confused patient.
- produces high quality diagnostic images that are free from artifacts or blurred images caused by motion; demonstrate the area(s) of interest; and exhibit the optimum contrast/exposure nedeed to differentiate various types of normal & abnormal tissue (e.
- consistently processes radiographic images properly, utilizing automated equipment. c. for mammography according to the requirements of the state of california & mammography quality standards act (mqsa).
- modifies patient positioning techniques relative to the patient\'s physical & cognitive abilities w/ special considreation to the nature of the procedure & the patient\'s ability & willingness to cooperate under the tense circumstances.exposure factors, compression, film processing & quality assurance/ control,
- assists w/ orientation & training of students & other radiologic technologists in all aspects of positioning.
- utilizes & selects precise positioning techniques involved w/ additional/special views such as magnification, compression relative to the patient\'s condition or findings seen on images.
- utilizes mammography equipment appropriately to perform q.
- selects correct technical factors relative to the requirements of the study & the patient\'s age, body habtius & pathology.
- evidence of passing the advanced certification examination in mammography issued by the arrt
- associate degree in radiologic technology preferred.
- maintains a comprehensive knowledge of & ability to perform required mammography q.c.
- assesses data reflective of the patient\'s status & interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient\'s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs & provides the care needed in accodrance w/ depatrment poilcy.
- accuartely postiion pateints inclduing thsoe w/ impalnts, taikng into consideration body habitus & loctaion of leison.positions patients in such a way as to aviod as much discmofort as posisble,
- to the exetnt posisble.within estabilshed/ recongized scope of practice, uses indepnedent judgment in critqiuing radiorgaphs & images, recoginzing normal from abnormal tissue & taking additional required views such as magnification.
- selects alternate or additional views appropriately relative to the patient\'s condition or findings seen on the images.etc, critiques image & makes necessary adjustments in technical factors, patient positioning.lymph), fat, mammary, muscle, g.
- operates dedicated & complex mammography equipment in a patient care setting for the purpose of obtaining definitive diagnosis for positive findings on a mammogram.skills, principles & practices of radiologic, breast structures, and to customers, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, state & federal regulations pertaining to required number & types of mammographic examinations to be performed within a specified time period; compliance w/ all required continuing education (ces) in mammography
-one (1) - two (2) years recent experience (within the last 12 months) as a radiologic technologist including the performance of routine mammographic examinations/procedures in an acute care medical center, contracted providers, radiologic health branch
- valid & current certification as a radiologic technologist issued by the state of california department of health services
- valid & current registration as a radiologic technologist issued by the american registry of radiographic technologists (arrt in radiography)
- ability to demonstrate & apply knowledge,
- shift may include weekend coverage as needed
- american heart association approved bls
- valid & current certification in mammography issued by the state of california department of public health, outpatient breast center or other fda-certified facility
- consistently demonstrates the knowledge, composition & pathology
- demonstrated ability to perform quality control/assurance functions required for mammography as specified by the state of california & mammography quality standards act
- maintain compliance w/ all current organizational, to our members, anatomy, and vendors, mammographic techniques, abilities.
- may perform other duties as required.
- may be required to perform routine radiographic examinations as needed.
- adjusts technical factors relative to the requirements of the study.
- consults w/ the radiologist or other clinician for purposes of clarifying orders & questionable images/structure.