- demontsrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department of nursing personnel.curernt acls certifciation required wihtin six months of hire.focusing on physiologic, family involvement and patient advocacy, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain,
- performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, patient/family education, psychosocial.informing appropriate persons, remaining calm, and documenting events,
- performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols.
- participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the brn of rn student clinical expeirence or graduate of registered nursing and either 1) 2000 hours of rn experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed actue care facility within three (3) yeras of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level msn program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit.staff nurse ii - inpatient nursing (mst-wm249)
location: modesto, ca
the staff nurse (sn) ii is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of pateints for a designated time frame.
- establishes effective working relationships with memebrs of the helath care team, and famliies, patients.acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in english).
- demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
- minimum of 6 months experience.
- med/surg/telemetry - six months recent (within the last 3 years) experience in an acute care setitng. and all members of the helath care team,
- demonstrates a serivce philsoophy in all intercations with patients, families.
- current baisc life supoprt (bls) certification for health care provdiers.
- abiilty to navgiate in a winodws envirnoment, utilziing a mosue and the abiilty to leran elecrtonic medcial reocrd sytsem appliaction.
- implmeents care in a thoorugh, and contniuous manner, conssitent, skillful.unit assistants, etc,
- this job motivates and provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize and coordination) to lvn\'s, nurse attendants.following lines of authority, as appropriate,
- utilizes effective communication methods and skills.
- current license to practice as a registered nurse in california.
- also refer to position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs,
- demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights.
- participates in unit and department performance improvement activities as directed.
- demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- good interpersonal skills.
- high school diploma/ged.
- establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, and supplies, personnel, equipment.
- identifies and solves problems effectively.training in chemotherapy, telemetry or other specialties may be required once hired, neurosurgery.the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members, the sn ii provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process.
- provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.and concise manner,
- documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate.
- demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
- delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.see job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty units.
- identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.
- speciality areas - if no qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the specialty areas listed below.
- demonstrated knowledge of the rn scope of practice.fire or discipline, but does not have the authority to hire.
- evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.basic arrhythmia recognition skills are required.
- formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- perform other related duties as necessary.
- demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a designated patient population.