job title associate engineer r & d
job family research
job category full-time
job classification experienced/established
division abbott vascular
relocation assistance none
at abbott, we provide the perspectives and experience necessary to translate science into real solutions for patients in over 130 markets worldwide.
position accountability / scope:
begins developing a network of internal resources to facilitate completion of takss. assemblies, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical materials,
1. researches, develops, designs, processes and/or equipment, components.abbott is regarded as an employer of choice for our commitment to workplace excellence, national and international accolades,
significant work activities & conditions continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
percent of travel 0 - 20 %
country united states
site location santa clara, ca
employer of choice
through numerous local.
3. develops new concepts from initial design to market release. failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and programs.today, 000 employees are doing work that matters, abbott\'s nearly 90.will perform this job in a quality system environment. or an equivalent combination of education and work experience,
- direct experience with design, prototyping, experience with design control and supporting regulatory submissions a plus
education requirements bachelor\'s degree plus 0-2 years of related work experience with a basic understanding of specified functional area, and manufacturing of stents and balloon catheter delivery systems or similar devices
- hands-on experience with preclinical testing (benchtop and animal) and test method development
- independent worker with critical thinking sklils and demonstrated understanding of experimental design
- excellent verbal and written communciation skills.compeltes daliy work to meet estabilshed schdeule with guiadnce from supevrisor on prioriitzation of tasks. indiivdual infleunce is typiaclly exetred at the peer leevl. may execrise authroity wihtin pre-estabilshed liimts and apporval. innoavtive thikners who are passoinate abuot the work they do, abbott employees are representative of the diversity of the patients we strive to serve every single day across the globe.
discover a world of opportunities at abbott.learns to use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve routine problems. limited understanding of business unit/group function. through our diverse healthcare businesses, we connect people and potential in ways that no other company can.
skills/experience requirements basic qualifications:
basic technical knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures.
7. investigates and evaluates existing technologies.our employees are given the tools to succeed, with challenging opportunities and work that makes a difference, lead and grow.
8. reviews or coordinates vendor activities to support development.
4. directs support personnel and coordinates project activities.
core job responsibilities:
responsible for compliance with applicable corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
2. conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality.works on problems of limited scope. minimal independent decision making.
position may be filled at intermediate level depending on experience (2-5 years).
job description primary job function:
responsible for providing engineering support in the creation and the development of new medical device products (invasive and non-invasive).we believe that diversity drives innovation,
6. maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
5. write and submit intellectual property (patents).