- tests boiler water & adds chemicals as necessary. equimpent & facilities, operating engineer - facilitie
location: pasadena, ca
under general supervision, alteration, the operating engineer performs a variety of routine or skilled preventive maintneance duties in the repair, & modification of buildings.disassembles & repairs or replaces parts or components, as necessary; adjusts, reassembles & tests for proper operation,
- inspects equipment & facilities for proper operation & working condition; mainatins routine records & determines type & extent of any malfunction of equipment and.
- environmental protection agency (epa) refrigeration license, 608 or must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- upholds kp\'s policies & procedures, principles of responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- assume otehr activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed.water level & proper operation of safety devices & auxiliary equipment, hot water boilers & heaters; may make necessary adjustments to assure proper steam pressure,
- may attend to gas fired steam boilers, combustion, water flow.
- computer skills ( word, excel)
- steam license
- aa degree. clean & lubricate motors & other machinery, fluorescent ballast\'s & tubes,
- performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repair & assemble extension cords, replace fuses.etc, scrap material,
- performs a variety of routine manual duties as required, & replacing light bulbs, removing trash, such as moving supplies, equipment, furniture.joining metals not requiring critical test tolerance or certification,
- general welding - cutting.motors, e, communication equipment, performs routine electrical maintenance, switches, replacement or alteration of circuit wiring, generators, alarms, fixtures, conrtol equipment & mechnaisms, etc, transofrmers, applainces, realys.
- estabilshes & maintains couretous, coopeartive relaitons when intercating w/ other persnonel, helath plan memebrs & the pulbic.
- there (3) to five (5) yeras of expeirence with in the last year in buidling plnat opertaions and maintenance.
- reports more serious problems to chief engineer for instructions or maintenance scheduling.
- performs other related duties as required.
- the employer reserves the right to review & modify these requirements during the term of the agreement pursuant to paragraphs 1819 & 2101 in the labor agreement.etc,
- performs general mechanical maintenance of hospital & clinic equipment, kitchen equipment, office machines & equipment.
- clean sink & grease traps, replace & re-pack valves, assemble equipment, repair drape pull mechanisms & related items.or equivalent, plumbing, electrical,
- associate of arts degree in engineering or technical disciplines in plant operations, hvac.air conditioning & refrigeration equipment including fans, motors, dampers & regulating controls; replaces filters & fluids as necessary; & maintains routine records of repairs, thermostats, radiators,
- may service & make repairs to heating.equipment or facilities as assigned or in accordance w/ basic skills & abilities,
- performs a variety of general semi-skilled to skilled maintenance, & standard procedures, i, diagrams or manufacturer instructions, alteration & repairs to machinery.
- ability to read & interpret blue prints, schematic drawings & technical manuals.& sanitary plumbing pipes & fixtures, gas, repair & make alterations to steam, air,
- performs general plumbing maintenance - maintain, water.controls,
- ability to demonstrate knowledge of equipment, & building automation maintenance.
- unlimited stationary engineers\' license (la city) or comparable license issued by legally constituted municipality in which a facility is located.wipe joints, test joints & pipe systems for leaks
- repair leaks & clear drain stoppages, ream & thread pipe, cut,
- normally excludes specialized & highly technical x-ray & surgical equipment requiring specific training, experience & materials.
- valid ca drivers license.