job title director education/training
company langhorne gardens rehab ctr
address 350 manor ave
company location langhorne, pa 19047-2994
job location langhorne, pa
date posted 9/19/2011
job type full-time regular
great people are our greatest strength!apply now!. our employees regularly transfer facilities and grow into regional and corporate positions. healthcare education director / director of education & training
as the education and training director, you ensure the clinical training and education of the nursing and healthcare stfaf, as well as new employees. and more!
careergrowth- extendicare regularly promotes from within. we are seeking a registered nurse who will use his or her previous nursing and healthcare experience to ensure the proper education and training of our stfaf. vacation and holiday
· employee-assistance program - employees and dependents
·, dental and vision insurance
· std/ltd and life insurance
· paid time off - personal, sick,
· 401(k) and matching contributions
· medical. if you have the vision and desire to improve today\'s ever-changing healthcare environment, continue your career with extendicare!
· assess the leanring needs of the staff through direct observation, formal learning assessments and through review of quality improvement and program evaluation
· ensure each department has the required education for long-term care as required by law and extendicare policy
· plan and deliver mandatory, voluntary and identified needs in-serivce for all deparmtents
· maitnain all in-serivce recrods for facliity staff
· meausre the imapct of prorgams and learning actiivties on staff
· partiicpate in interdisicplinary plan of care
· cooridnate the use of educaitonal equimpent and resoruces
· shrae \"on-call\" sttaus with other facility nursing managers
we will give you the tools you need to succeed as our education and training director. requirements include:
· registered nurse license(rn)
· prior experience in training or education is preferred
· previous experience as a registered nurse and working knowledge of nursing processes, preferably in long-term care
· strong oral presentation and written communication skills
· ability to provide constructive criticism to nursing staff and to identify opportunities for professional development
· highly organized with solid record-keeping ability
· cpr certification
· ability to speak, read and write english fluently
in addition to providing our employees with the tools necessary for development and success, we offer an attractive compensation and industry-leading benefits package. the education and training director will also be proactive in developing and maintaining the clinical competencies of our nursing staff.
training- we invest in you! training and continuing education are encouraged to promote skill development.
support and resources- assistance and support is always available from the regional and corporate level to ensure your success.