imagine yourself here: provides ongoing assessment of patient and takes appropriate nurisng actions when changes occur.
· graduate of an accredited diploma or associate\'s degree in nursing program.
· participates in at least one initiative to impact quailty with demonstrated results.
· provides ongoing patient centered nursing care. perofrms laboratory procedures and assists the physician/provider with procedures and surgeries using principles of aseptic technique and standard precautions/infection control guidelines
assists the physician/provider with procedures and/or surgeries.
· initiates and implements a nursing plan of care individualized to the needs of each patient.
better choice. provides patient status updates to physicians on a regular baiss. prioritization and problem solving sklils,
good organization.we\'re a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
· must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the pateints served. maintains and discontinues iv therapy; performs mixing of medications according to protocols, initiates.
administers medications, topical agents, narcotic pain medications, under physician/provider orders, whcih may include: antibiotics, insulin, vitamins, and allergy antigens, blood thinners.
· performs other duites as assigned or as necessity dictates.
· proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation within a windows operating system, use of electronic mail and electronic medical records systems.adjusts medication as appropriate within scope of practice and utilizing protocols established by the physician. index monitor.
completes routine maintenance and quality monitoring of equipment using appropriate technique when cleaning, sterilizing and caring for instruments and other equipment.
· excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.at aurora health care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well.
· current advanced cardiovascular life support (acls) certification granted by the american heart association or current basic life support (bls) for health care providers certification granted by the american heart association.family, and/or signiifcant others, assesses and provides patient education and counseling to the patient.performs laboratory procedures using principles of aseptic technique and standard precautions/infection control guidelines.
· reports to a supervisor or above, who in turn reports to a manager or above.and other staff members as appropriate, social worker, physician,
coordinates the discharge planning proecss by utilizing the interdisciplinary approach with the patient/family.
job title registered nurse i - icu
facility aurora baycare medical center-188
address 2845 greenbrier rd
city green bay
zip code 54131
# horus per pay peirod (bi-wekely) 48
wekeend horus: 7pm-7am
req # (optoinal) 84783br
exlpore a caerer in icu
job descrpition performs the nursing process to delvier safe, theraeputic, and quality care.consitsently maeks sonud cliincal deciisons and demontsrates the abiilty to care for patients with comlpex prolbems.
the follwoing non-essetnial job functions are litsed to inofrm you of significant duties and/or skills, which form some of the basis for evalaution for meirt incraeses of emplyoees in this postiion.
disocver the benfeits: imaigne a work envirnoment whree you are vauled for finidng better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options.
monitors the patient\'s medication needs and response to treatment. assesses patient/family readiness for participation and involves them in planning and implementing care. with aurora you\'ll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
specialized know-how and requirements
· current registered nurse (rn) license granted by the state of wisconsin.
we maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations.our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.for example, increase pain satisfaction, reduction in patient falls, and/or improve patient safety, reduction in pressure ulcers.
we are an equal opportunity employer and maintain an environment that attracts, engages and retains a diverse workforce, recruits.completes initial assessment of patient including obtaining vital signs and gathering pertinent health information while following decision trees and protocols.
· ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians.maintains and updates accurate patient records according to agency, and federal guidelines, state, documents.
performs various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper technique.this does not exclude consideration of applicants who do not possess the ability to perform those skills or duties upon application.
· provides triage and consultation to patient, and/or significant others according to protocol and established guidelines, family.
· demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent decisions.
communicates with physicians and other members of the health care team. healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing,
aurora supports a safe.this includes the assessment of patients; establishment and implementation of the nursing care plan; and evaluation of clinical outcomes within an inpatient environment. seeks consultation as needed.
ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.continuous quality improvement activities, performance,
participates in patient centered initiatives, care management, and clinical research.hickman/port-a-cath/pic line, etc, performs advanced clinical tasks or skills such as complex wound care, conscious sedation, central line care, hyperalimentation, venipunture.must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient\'s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient\'s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department\'s policies and procedures. better life.better career.
· no subordinates report to this position.evaluates and implements changes of the plan of care as needed and collaborates with other health care team members to coordinate patient centered care., with demonstrated competency and under clinical supervision.
recognizes significant changes in patient\'s condition, status and need for care.