Application Engineer - Pressure Parts
title: application engineer - pressure parts
alstom power inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
canddiates must be able to work independently with minimum supervision, demonstrate initiative and self motivation, as well as possess good communications skills. independent power producers and government entities, our clients include utilities industry.review and approve final design drawings.this position is within the thermal services division and located in windsor, ct
the successful candidate will perofrm varoius engineering duties that will require them to exercise judgment and apply standard engineering principles and practices. visit us at www.alstom.com
we welcome you to apply for the opportunity for anapplication engineerwithin our pressure parts engineering department.
· participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
· plant site visits involving interfacing with plant personnel and performing on site reverse engineering, inspection, and review of installed equipment.will be responsible for all engineering requirements, conforming to all applicable codes and company standards as well as approve final design layout and detailed drawings to satisfy requirements and conditions of assigned contracts.concepts, s.
a thorough understanding of standard engineering theories, principles and techniques is reqiured.
trvael reqiured (up to 20%) and must have an abiilty to conudct on-site bolier inspetcions and reltaed engineering work at varoius filed siets throguhout the u.
candidates must be a u.specifciations, and otehr pertnient inforamtion, the follwoing:
· perform various engineering tasks involving such functions as analysis, installation and service, drawings, proposals,
typical duties/responsibilities may include, development, design, while working from instructions, but are not limited to, test.and prepare related reports and summaries, for review,
· plan, conduct or coordinate engineering analyses and tests.
candidates should have a minimum of two years of related experience but prefer those with five years of related experience. is a leading supplier of power generation equipment and services in the worldwide marketplace, committed to providing on-time delivery of quality systems and innovative solutions for our customers. s.
alstom power inc.
bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering preferred, but may be willing to consider those with a chemical engineering degree. s. citizen and/or a permanent resident of the u. will work closely with their customer to prepare and design work scope definition. the related experience should include prior experience designing coal fired boilers for the power industry.
· establish design criteria following standard practices, precedents and reference sources to accomplish design intent. and recommend revisions, as appropriate,
· consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application.
| | Ref: 41a301da42