Engineering Workplace Coach - Experienced 3/4
Requisition Number: 11-1019165
Job Status: Activated -
Posting Type: Posted Internally and Externally. -
Posting Status: Available
Location Everett, WA;
(Things you should know about Virtual Office) Virtual Work Not Available
Business Unit Corporate
Division Human Resources & Admin
Program Learning Training & Developmnt
Occupation Title Human Resources
Skills Management Title Delivery and Facilitation
Job Classification FA16P3
Note: The level of the classification for a specific applicant will be based on the qualifications of that applicant.
Job Type Non-Management
Experience Level Career/Experienced
Exemption Status Exempt
Security Clearance Required?
(Security Clearance definitions) No Security Clearance Required
Work Eligibility Required? Yes
US Person Status Required? Yes
Export Control Required? Yes
Relocation Money Available?
(Things you should know about relocation benefits) No
Date Posted 09/13/2011
(Things you should know about closing dates) 09/27/2011
Position Description The person filling this position will:
1) Represent the Learning, Training & Development (LTD) organization to enterprise Engineering and other internal and external groups within The Boeing Company, including engineers, designers, managers, team leads, vendor employees, and executives.
2) Assist the engineering customer in the workplace with seminars and one-on-one coaching of CATIA V5 in various systems (Electrical, Tubing, Mechanical Systems, etc.) in the context of ENOVIA, and associated applications.
3) Troubleshoot problems related to CATIA V5 including related Boeing developed applications and be able to explain solutions to customers.
4) Plan, conduct, and analyze results of performance analyses of the engineering group; work with Engineering management to help them understand what learning solutions are available; and utilize the results to assist in the development of measurable educational objectives.
5) Participate in alpha and beta test of courses.
6) Work with Learning Solutions Integrators to define educational outcome for course objectives (ensure educational outcomes and instructional modules are consistent with Boeing engineering processes and methods); provide recommendations to customers on current and future LTD courses.
7) Teach short courses and/or seminars to groups ranging in size from one person to several hundred persons, including live demonstrations of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software and its applications in the context of CATIA V5 and various systems.
8) Ability to use general aerospace industry engineering methods, processes, and tools to design in various systems.
[ + ] Adaptability
Understands changes in own and others\' work and situations; may be asked to explain the logic or basis for change to less experienced employees; actively seeks information about changes affecting own and fellow employees\' jobs. Treats changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; focuses on the beneficial aspects of change; speaks positively about the change to fellow interorganizational employees and occasionally to external customers. Quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with changes in the work environment; readily tries new approaches appropriate for new or changed situations; does not persist with ineffective behaviors.[ + ] Build Positive Relationships
Builds effective working relationships within the work group, with interorganizational employees, and occasionally with external customers. Probes for and provides information to clarify situations. Seeks and expands on original ideas, enhances others\' ideas, and contributes own ideas about the issues at hand. Places higher priority on team and organization goals than on own goals. Seeks agreement from work group, with other employees, and occasionally with external customers to support ideas or take partnership-oriented action; uses sound rationale to explain value of actions. Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions.[ + ] Communication
Clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence. Keeps the audience engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, illustrations, humor, an appealing style, body language, and voice inflection. Frames the message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience. Seeks input from audience; checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding. Uses syntax, pace, volume, diction, and mechanics appropriate to the media being used. Accurately interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.[ + ] Customer Focus
Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one\'s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships; uses information to understand customers\' circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs; periodically becomes involved in sharing information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities; considers how actions or plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; assists higher graded employees and/or project team leaders in implementing ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and to anticipate customer needs.[ + ] Decision Making
Recognizes a wide range of potentially difficult issues, problems, or opportunities in own work group, across the organization and occasionally with external customers; determines whether action is needed. Identifies the need for and collects information to better understand difficult issues, problems, and opportunities. Integrates information from a wide variety of sources; detects trends, associations, and cause-effect relationships; creates relevant options for addressing difficult problems/opportunities and achieving desired outcomes. Formulates and/or makes recommendations for decision criteria based on issue complexity; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. Implements decisions or initiates action within a reasonable time. Includes fellow work group members, employees across the organization, and occasionally external customers in the decision-making process as warranted to obtain good information, make the most appropriate decisions, and ensure buy-in and understanding of the resulting decisions.Technical
[ + ] Industry Awareness
Basic -Complete understanding to build and use industry knowledge for planning and performance accomplishment. This includes knowledge of competition and strategic partners.
Preferred -Extensive and specialized understanding to build and use industry knowledge for planning and performance accomplishment. This includes knowledge of competition and strategic partners.[ + ] Instruction Skills
Basic -Complete instructional skills (e.g. preparation, delivery, summary, assess student progress, remediation, motivation, engagement, etc.).
Preferred -Extensive and specialized instructional skills (e.g. preparation, delivery, summary, assess student progress, remediation, motivation, engagement, etc.).
Basic Qualifications For Consideration Do you have three (3) years experience in Product Lifecycle Management software?
Do you have at least three (3) years experience in CATIA?
Typical Education/Experience Level 3 - Bachelor\'s and typically 6 or more years\' related work experience, a Master\'s degree and typically 4 or more years\' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level 4 - Bachelor\'s degree and typically 10 or more years\' related work experience, a Master\'s degree and typically 8 or more years\' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Job related information The ideal candidate would:
1) Be an exceptional communicator (both verbal and written).
2) Be comfortable in front of large groups and any level of management.
3) Be knowledgeable and confident, while friendly and engaging.
4) Possess above average skills using CATIA (preferably V5) and ENOVIA.
5) Proactively solicited feedback from customers (what is working, what is not working, how can we do better, etc.).
6) Be able to formulate clear and concise process improvement recommendations, including required budget and resources.
*** Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, credit checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the Company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.***
Every job requisition has specific and unique requirements listed under \'Description\', \'Competencies\',
and \'Education\'. Applicants will increase their opportunities for consideration by demonstrating
compatibility with these requirements in their resumes.
The job specifications - including competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics),
job-relevant work experience, education, and other requirements described in this requisition -
will be the basis for applicant screening, including resume reviews, structured interviews and any other
assessments used to support the hiring decision. All candidates considered for this position may be
required to participate in a structured interview. The structured interview is a standardized method of
evaluating candidates\' job-related competencies to support an objective selection and promotion process.
title: safety engineerlocation: united states-texas-laportejob number: 00009701contribute. grow....
* * *intrado inc. is north america''s leading provider of 9-1-1 infrastructure systems and services....
job title production technical facilitatorreq id 51988brjob category procurement & supply chain...
title: director desktop platform (saas/paas)location: tx-westlakeother locations:position...
title: site controls systems engineerlocation: united states-texas-laportejob number:...
## descriptionthis position contributes to best-in-class training solutions by designing and...
job description:at power engineers, inc, you can have a rewarding career on every level. in addition...
job description:at power engineers, inc, you can have a rewarding career on every level. in addition...
position #: 2633 title: electrical system studies engineerlocation: ft. worth, txhours of work:...