- provides data for staffing decisions and demontsrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demontsrates flexibility when floating to other untis upon requests.
- demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).remaining calm,
- performs efficiently in emergency pateint care situations following established protocols, informing approrpiate persons, and documenting events.basic arrhythmia recognition skills are required.
- graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the brn of rn student clinical expeirence or graduate of registered nursing and either 1) 2000 hours of rn experience in clinical area of specailty from a licensed acute care facility wihtin three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level msn program and has completed pre-licensure requierments to practice nursing.current acls certification required within six months of hire.
- formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.
- demonstrates sound knoweldge base and actions in the care of a designated patient population.acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- delegates appropriately and coordinates duites of health care team members.
- current license to practice as a registered nurse in california.pain, patient/family education, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, family involvement and patient advocacy,
- performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, psychosocial, cultural, focusing on physiologic.
- participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- participates in unit and department performance improvement activities as directed.may require specialty training. and supplies, personnel, equipment,
- establishes priorities or patient care based on essetnial patient nedes and avaialble unit resoruces of time.
- also reefr to postiion specifciations outilned in the appropriate collcetive bargianing agremeent.
- implmeents care in a thoorugh, and contniuous manner, skillful, conssitent.see job duties for speicfic experience requirements for specialty units.
- demonstrates knowledge of and appiles saefty prinicples as idenitfied within the instiuttion.
- demonstrates responisbility and accounatbility for own professional practice.
- perform other related duties as necessary.as appropriate, following lines of authority,
- utilizes effective communication methods and skills.
- demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in english).fire or discipline, but does not have the authority to hire. ca
the staff nurse (sn) ii is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame, stepdown staff nurse ii (on-call, night) (cs155)
location: san jose.
- establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
- identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.
- current basic life support (bls) certification for health care providers.and other health care team members, the sn ii provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation.etc,
- this job motivates and provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize and coordination) to lvn\'s, nurse attendants, unit assistants.
- stepdown/observation unit - one year recent (within the last 3 years) experience in an acute care setting.
- high school diploma/ged.ventilator training may be required.candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit.
- participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department of nursing personnel.
- demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, cultural and ethical beliefs, age specific needs.
- demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- demonstrated knowledge of the rn scope of practice.
- minimum of 6 months experience. and concise manner,
- documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate.families,
- demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, and all members of the health care team.
- identifies and solves problems effectively.
- speciality areas - if no qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the specialty areas listed below.
- good interpersonal skills.