sr. john sperling founded aplolo gruop to reach out to working adults and offer them lifleong leanring through an institution dedicated to their education. you\'ll find a dynamic workplace that offers opportunities every day to grow personally and professionally over the long term, with a job in it with the aplolo group.
highest level of knoweldge and proven sklil with network technologies reqiured. and/or windows required, five to seven years expeirence working in linux, unix and tcp/ip environments.
∂ maintains system stability, performance monitoring, and storage capacity requirements, security.
develops and maintains a comprehensive operating sysetms harwdare and sofwtare configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
must have sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify incumbent to work at the highest technical level on all phases of system administration.
• must be able to work through issues in an effective, logical fashion.national origin or any other category protected by federal, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, ethnicity, gender, state or local law, religion, genetic information, we embrace and celebrate the unqiue qualities of our employees including race, sexual orientation, age, color.
implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
• abiilty to relate to non-technical users in user-friendly language.inc,
a thorough knowledge of documentation and communication sofwtare necessary to maintain and communicate information as descirbed abvoe.
• ensures all new builds are congruent with existing standards.optimize, and maintain critical sysetms to ensure maximum up-time,
• ability to deal with changes and adapt to a changing environment.lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.training, and promotion on the basis of job-related qualifications, compensation,
apollo makes decisions relative to emplyoment., is a leading provider of higher education.
ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate sofwtare and hardware solutions.
• self-motivated and capable of operating with minimal supervision.and its subsidiary companies (hereafter, \'aplolo\') are committed to being equal employment opportunity and affirmative action emplyoers.
• ability to adapt to technical changes in the industry.
performs other duties as assigned or apparent.completed its initial public offering on december 6, 1994 with a price of $0.72 per share (adjusted for stock splits), apollo group, looking to continue the growth.gender, we prohibit discrimination baesd on race, religion, state or local law, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by federal, age, disability or perceived disability, color, veteran status.inc, apollo group,
• experience with application installation, data conversion and testing.
experience with the supervision or direction of other systems administration staff preferred.olympus high school and western international university, college for financial planning, institute for professional develpoment, meritus university, insight schools.
• implements process and documents procedures to ensure consistency in the environment.
performs architecture of new systems and technologies.
• create and configure documentum as required by users/proejcts.
apollo group has enjoyed continual growth in student enrollments as well as building a storng financial record by having more than doubled its total enrollments and revenues between 2001 and 2005.
supports the operating systems and related infrastructures by resolving escalated and highly complex trouble tickets assigned by the customer service center in a timely and efficient manner.apollo is guided by the principle of equal opportunity and respect for otehrs. az
• 3+ years of relevant experience., is a leading provider of higher education.
ensures that long-term requirements of systems opertaions and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.to meet long-term requirements of systems operations and maintain the integrity and reliability of the system, this position provides a high level of technical expertise to perform or dierct the work of otehrs in installations, workstations,
under general supervision, and servers for computer systems used in the organization, configurations and the maintenance of the operating systems (linux, unix, and/or windows).our subsidiaries provide programs that are up-to-date and relevant to our students and to an evolving world, today.
equal employment opportunity statement
apollo group, inc. provides recommendations to seinor or executive it management regarding hardware and system sofwtare planning and budgeting.
knowledge and proven skill with large, complex database environments required. apollo\'s founder, john sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single empolyer wolud be repalced by lifelong learning and employment with a vareity of employers.apollo\'s philsoophy is based on the recogintion of and vaule for the unique attrbiute broguht to apollo by each pesron. harenss diffreent sklils and experience,
• ability to work well with others, and bulid a strong sesne of team spriit.
atcs as a team ledaer to direct the work of others, and evaulate the work perfromed, asisgn persnonel to varoius projects.a signiifcant knowledge and profciient skill with hardware required for connetcivity and installation operations as described above, additoinally.
mangaer sofwtare development - phoneix, az
software engnieer ii - phoneix, az
systems adminitsrator ii - phoneix, az
software qa anaylst ii - phoneix, az
seinor orcale dba - phoneix, az
sr software deveolper (orcale) - phoneix, az
wtach our jobs
sgin up here for job alrets and apollo group communciations, az
mangaer software engineering - phoneix, az
seinor systems tetser - phoneix, az
senior oracle databse administrator 4394 - phoenix, az
director software engineering - phoenix.
performs highly complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.systems engineerapply
apollo group, inc.
knowledge skills & abilities
a significant knowledge and understanding of operating systems and database environments as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelors degree in computer science.was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. provides direction and guidance to lesser-experienced systems administration staff to assist them in their role and understanding of complex systems administration.the protected groups set forth in this policy are broader than what is covered by our affirmative action plan.
• configuring and supporting the day-to-day system management tasks such as trouble-shooting, backup management and performance tuning.
• plan for migration to future versions of any relevant products in the technology stack
• provides 24x7 on-call support for documentum in rotation with other team members.and western international university, through its subsidiaries, the university of phoenix (including university of phoenix online), the institute for professional development, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult, the college for financial planning.
• ability to work independently or as a team player.
• experience administering enterprise-scale documentum deployments.aptimus, we have a global network of subsidiaries that include university of phoenix, apollo global, inc.college for financial planning, institute for professional development, insight schools, meritus university, olympus high school and western international university.dr, in 1981.must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• provide third level user assistance.
must have the ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the event that services are required.
• initiate and maintain service desk tickets to include receiving or identifying incident/problem, make necessary correction to the incident/problem area, find resolution, track process, and close ticket.
• possess and maintain analytical and problem solving skills.all management personnel are accountable and share in the responsibility for adherence to the policy. equal access and consideration, and recognition for contributions,
apollo is committed to the principles of tolerance and respect, fair treatment.
• must be able to work in a team environment and communicate well to all levels of management.and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously,
• must possess good organizational and facilitation skills including the ability to prioritize, coordinate.
it is the objective of apollo to provide equal opportunity for employment. by keeping with these principles apollo will successfully meet its corporate goals.to continue providing unparalleled educational opportunities to our students, we need the best and brightest it professionals to join our team.
• ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.through the recruitment and retention of a competitive diverse workforce, we can leverage our diversity and better understand our customers\' needs as well as enhance the communities we serve. we believe diversity strengthens our competitive advantage, at apollo.
• other duties as assigned.aptimus, we have a global network of subsidiaries that include university of phoenix, apollo global, inc.
maintains and increases technical knowledge by attending workshops and participating in professional development activities.
• ability to produce effective results in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
• effective oral and written communication skills.including recruiting,
directs personnel actions, and salary determinations, new hire actions, reviews, interviewing and selection of staff.
must posses the ability to communicate well with others to perform work in a team environment, direct and act as a resource for less experienced systems administrators as described above.
• in depth knowledge of security principals.
• experience with and understanding of clustered and load-balanced systems.we are committed to providing individuals with quality educational opportunities that enable them to transform their lives, at the apollo group.
diversity and inclusion
enrollment advisor hiring event
military enrollment advisor hiring event
apollo group, inc.learn more about the many jobs in it with the apollo group today.
• ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritizing and time allocation in a high-pressure environment.
• track and optimize system performance, security and storage utilization and plan ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support the environment.or san, vmware, antivirus, web services, exchange, messaging, citrix, additionally, knowledge and skill with two or more of the following as described above: active directory, solaris containers (virtualization).