- establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, and families. (no, stfaf nurse ii - inpatient nurisng.
- ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.following lines of authority, as appropriate,
- utilizes effective communication methods and skills.
- this job motivates and provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize and coordination) to lvn\'s, nurse attendants, unit assistants, etc.skillful,
- implements care in a thorough, consistent, and continuous manner.may be expected to cross train to at least one otehr maternal child health/family centered care area with appropriate certifications.
- picu - one year recent (within the last 3 years) experience in pediatric critical care.
- partiicpates in nursing research actiivties as requested.
- formulates a goal-dirceted plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and pateint outcomes.
- demonstrated knoweldge of the rn scope of pratcice.and all members of the health care team, families,
- demontsrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients.
- demontsrates knoweldge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
- also refer to position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.ca
the staff nurse (sn) ii is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a desingated time frame, 476)
location: oakland.the sn ii provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, and other health care team members, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation.
- graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the brn of rn student clinical experience or graduate of registered nursing and either 1) 2000 hours of rn experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level msn program and has compelted pre-licesnure requierments to practice nursing.
- perofrm other reltaed duites as necessary.
- participates in unit and depatrment perfomrance improevment activities as directed.
- demonstrates knowledge of leagl isuses, inclduing pateint confidetniality and risk manaegment in all aspcets of pateint care and unit functoining.
- demonstrates sonud knowledge base and actoins in the care of a designated patient popualtion.acknolwedges staff rihgts and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- current license to practice as a registered nurse in california.
- delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.current pals certification required.
- demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.accurate,
- documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, and concise manner.cultural and ethical beliefs,
- demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs.
- identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.chemotherapy and/or procedural sedation competency may be required.
- demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
- speciality areas - if no qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the specialty areas listed below. candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit.personnel, equipment,
- establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, and supplies.
- demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in english).
- current basic life support (bls) certification for health care providers.
- participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department of nursing personnel.fire or discipline, but does not have the authority to hire.
- high school diploma/ged.
- good interpersonal skills.
- identifies and solves problems effectively.focusing on physiologic, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, family involvement and patient advocacy, cultural,
- performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, patient/family education, psychosocial, pain.
- minimum of 6 months experience.
- provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.see job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty units.remaining calm,
- performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, and documenting events, informing appropriate persons.