District Sales Manager - Req. # : 635
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your résumé/CV, click on the \'Submit your Résumé/CV to this Job\' button.
District Sales Manager
* Modesto, CA 95350 US
* Fresno, CA 93650 US
* Fresno, CA 93711 US
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Date Needed By
Retail - District Sales Manager
Charming Shoppes Inc., is a leading multi-chain apparel retailer specializing primarily in the women\'s plus size market. We are the parent company of four distinct brands- Fashion Bug, Catherines Plus Sizes, Lane Bryant and Lane Bryant Outlets. Our Outlet Division is currently recruiting for a District Sales Manager in theModesto/Fresno, CAarea.
We are looking for high energy, enthusiastic, self-motivated, individuals with a passion for driving results. If you have a positive attitude, thrive on new challenges and are looking for a rewarding career opportunity, this is where you want to be!
Job Duties and Functions:
A District Sales Manager is responsible for the sales, staffing, merchandising, communication, operations and profitability of the stores in her/his district.
· Demonstrate leadership abilities in driving sales productivity within district.
· Monitor and evaluate individual/store performance in the following areas: sales volume, hourly production, units per transaction (UPTs), charge accounts, loss prevention, CPS capture rate, customer service and any others designated by Corporate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
· Where needed, with store management, develop, implement and monitor action plans to ensure the achievement of stores\' assigned performance goals.
Sales Management/Customer Service/Selling Skills:
· Ensure that all associates in district are certified in all Company selling skills programs, Company standards for appearance, performance and knowledge.
· Monitor use of all customer service tools.
Human Resources/Management Skills:
· Effectively recruit, hire, train, and supervise Area Sales/Store Sales Managers, while maintaining an indirect responsibility for associates and other management personnel within district.
· Ensure assigned managers schedule staff to meet payroll and productivity goals and store traffic needs.
· Demonstrate professionalism when dealing with customer or associate problems/complaints.
· Maintain an acceptable turnover rate within district.
· Provide coaching and feedback to assigned managers on a regular basis.
· Accurately assesses the performance of Area Sales/Store Sales Managers in district and effectively complete performance appraisals and other HumanResources documentation in a timely and efficient manner.
· Personnel records for all associates in their district are being kept correctly and accurately.
· Handle disciplinary situations, including termination, as necessary and within Company guidelines.
· Effectively manage own time and that of associates, ensuring a smooth work flow.
· Supervise all policies and procedures regarding loss prevention, security, zone defense and ensure they are followed in district.
· Maintain acceptable inventory shortage.
· Understand and properly handle worker\'s compensation and public liability situations/reports.
· Ensure bank deposits are made by store management, as directed.
· Ensure safety of associates by identifying dangerous situations, correcting and reporting them.
Merchandise Management/Visual Merchandising:
· Ensure that all stores maintain merchandise presentation according to Visual Merchandising standards and current floor sets.
· Understand and communicate Planning and Distribution and customer merchandise needs recognize when the stores\' merchandise assortment meets, or fails to meet those needs.
· Maintain an awareness of inventory content in all stores.
· Balance merchandise within district or out of district based on direction from Regional Sales Director. Move merchandise if necessary.
· Recommend changes to store profiles when appropriate. Submit proposed revisions to Regional Sales Director or VP of Stores.
· Ensure that District Sales Manager audit of each store in district is done once per season or as directed. Communicate results and give appropriate feedback and coaching.
· Complete all required or requested paperwork accurately, legibly and on a timely basis.
· Communicate the status of local competition and local business conditions as required. Keep Regional Sales Director informed of any significant changes.
· Ensure that payroll is maintained within approved budgets for district\'s stores.
· Monitor all other expenses for which managers are responsible within budgetary guidelines.
· Ensure all management staff has successfully completed the Store Management Training Program, the Management Skills Training Programs and Associate Training Programs.
· Ensure new Store Managers are appropriately trained.
· Communicate changes in store policies and procedures to managers within district and ensure that changes are implemented correctly. Personally follow all policies and procedures and sets a positive example for staff.
· Ensure that Training audit of each store in district is done once per season or as directed and prior to a manager leaving the Company. Communicate results and give appropriate feedback and coaching.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
· High school diploma or equivalent. College preferred.
· Multi Unit experience
· Six to seven years retail experience, with a minimum of four years of management experience.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions.
· Must present a professional appearance and personal grooming.
· Ability to reach, push, pull, stand, squat for up to 4 hours or longer as necessary.
· Ability to use common tools.
· Able to operate computerized register system.
· Ability to operate a car and obtain vehicle insurance.
· Able to lift as much as 50 pounds.
· Able to climb an 8-foot ladder.
# of Hires Needed
requisition number: 8696job title: retail store managerposition type: full timearea of interest:...
requisition number: 8697job title: retail store managerposition type: full timearea of interest:...
requisition number: 8705job title: store managerposition type: full timearea of interest: store...
requisition number: 8695job title: retail store managerposition type: full timearea of interest:...
title: route relief driver - tulsa, ok (full benefits, full time position)location:...
title: route relief driver - nashville, tn (full benefits, full time)location:...
title: transatlantic wine & spirits sales representative - browardlocation: florida-palm beachother...
title: sales representative - west clevelandlocation: ohio-clevelandother locations: * make regular...
title: route relief driver- tampa, fllocation: us-florida-tampa-fl-2202 north westshore blvd; ste...