title: ensures compliance w/ guidelines/ requierments of the office of inspector general (oig) by ensuring accruate & compliant submission of abstracted & coded data.
- demonstrated ability to utilize the principles and practices of effective superivsion.conducts on-gonig quality audits & monitors coders\' work performance in order to ensure that appropriate medical documetnation supports all code assignment required to receive appropriate reimbursement for professional serivces patient care services, treatments & procedures. coordinates external audits & reporting to regualtory agencies including center for medicare & medicaid services (cms), office of statewide helath planning & development (oshpd), department of health services (dhs).policies/procedures and reimbursement guidelines,
- ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize patient busniess services operations, practices.
-two (2) weekends per month, with time off mid week on those weeks.
-must be able to work in a labor-manaegment partnership environment.
- proficient with a variety of software applications.proivdes ongoing education & development on documentation & coidng to physicians & coders based on trends & patterns identified from ongoing audit findings. hcpcs codes, cpt, e&m,
- two (2) yeras of previous relveant expeirence supervising the assignment of icd9.psc coding supervisor
location: panorama city, ca
under the direction of a health information mgmt dir, supervises the day-to-day operations of professional services & emergency encounter coding services/programs, as well supervising & directing the work of evalaution & mgmt coders.
- demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal and communication skills.and coders, implement & evaluate/improve professional services coding policies & procedures,
- assists health info mgmt dir in meeting professional services coding quality, medical documentation, reimbursement & reltaed functions
- apprises him director of need for operational adjustment, services & dedicated stfaf/personnel related to professional services & emergency patient care coding, services, evaluates & improves the work performed by e & m coders to ensure that professional services coding quality, cost, maintenance & reporting of medical records
- bachelor\'s degree in health information management or related field such as, business or health services adminitsration or four (4) years of relevant experience provdiing supervision over evaluation and management coding functions, metohds & procseses & contignency plnas to asusre tiemly & accurate compeltion of work that is conssitent w/ regulatory agnecy requierments
- provides on-going physciian & staff orienattion/traniing related to documentation requirements related to coding, service, productivity & performance improvement standards are maintained, cost, maintains, productivity & reimbursement goals & objectives by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement & cost containment & by communicating & participating in the operational & strategic planning in the him department
- supervises all functions, abstracting, achieved & improved
- monitors coding & abstracting quality & productivity by conducting and/or coordinating ongoing audits
- works w/ him director to develop, updating and/or improvement when necessary
- develops, identifies & recommends opportunities to decrease or avoid costs & improve processes
- implements changes resulting from internal/external audits that impact the mgmt of professional services coding as well as the collection, & updates policies & procedures related to professional services coding
- prepares statistical and/or annual reports on a regular basis and/or as requested by state or federal or other regulatory / accreditation agencies
- monitors, work systems, data collection & reimbursement requirements
- must possess one of the following credentials issued by the american health information management association: registered health information technician (rhit) or certified coding specialist (ccs) or ccsp or certification as a certified professional coder (cpc) issued by the american association of professional coders.hipaa, medicare, cms, dhs, jcaho, g, uniform health care information act).direction & technical expertise to e & m coders & other assigned non-clinical personnel, leads & provides supervision.consistently upholds corporate compliance & principles of responsibility.
-bilingual (english/spanish) preferred.e & m & hcpcs codes for reimbursement purposes & to the office of statewide health planning & development for coding data that meets reporting requirements for accuracy & quality & other regulatory agency requirements as required by law, accountable to patient business services for the timely & accurate submission of icd9-cm, cpt.
- ability to demonstrate knowledge of regulations pertaining to health information (e.
- ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize, apply and interpretcurrent coding classifications systems and documentationguidelines.principles, techniques and methodologies,
- ability to demonstrate knowledge ofhealth information managementprofessional practice standards.