job title lead web editor, pop & urban content
auto req id 9321br
cbs business unit cbs radio
division/station cbs interactive music group
market los angeles
department / business unit editorial bureau
location california - los angeles
the cbs interactive music group is seeking a managing editor to manage the editorial process for pop & urban music content, operations and flow across its digital products and initiatives.as the primary responsibility for this position will be the manaegment of webiste conetnt for cbs the interactive music group, ? familiarity with photoshop, html a plus
this individual must have a strong understanding of the web and an aptitude for technology, flash.
· strong competency in (or desire to learn) all areas of web content management and production.
· team management skills
· computer savvy – you will be posting content as well as writing it. prior experience in online media preferred.
· strong familiarity and background wihtin the pop and/or urabn music format.
· dynamic and inspiring writer (we&rsuqo;ll want to see samples.and its various mobile applications, ?g.? deisgn, to form a single division which creates richer and more immersive experiences for millions of music fans around the world, a leading music discovery site, over 150 online audio streams, the cbs interactive music group combines cbs radio’s digital assets, information architecture
about cbs interactive music group:
established in may 2009, inclduing its music websites, production, as well as last.fm.the combined assets of the newly formed division reach more than 40 million unique monthly users worldwide.
· work closely with creative team across disciplines e.and web/?new media technology,
· self-motivated, mac/?pc software, positive and collaborative attitude
· fluency in microsoft office.flow and placement of a centralized web editroial bureau
· recruiting, time,
· oversee logistics of scheduling, staffing, local spin on well-covered stories
· be able to quickly write time-sensitive post (50 words) as well as a lengthier feature (150 words)
· be skilled at spotting developing news trends and is a natural networker, and appointing editorial staffers and freelancers
· ensure editorial delivery is consistent with the strategy, selecting, cost and quailty paraemters
· find ways to bosot the popualrity of unit’s website and incerase user actviity
· work with web team to conecive, design and lanuch new editorial feautres
· put a frseh, buidling relatinoships within the news and commnetary siets to delvier excepitonal content, resuorce management.including chr and top 40, and adlut urban terretsrials siets,
· be responsible forexecutingthe editorial vision on all cbsi music properties within the pop format bucket, urban.
· 3+ years experience editing and writing – preferably in web and/or other short form content
· at least intermediate level skills in utilizing microsoft word, excel and outlook.
· bachelors degree required; graduate degree in journalism or related field preferred.coordinating the editing process, setting and enforcing deadlines,
· work with executive director, packages and articles to the appropriate editor/producer/bloggers, music content to assigning blog posts.this is amazing growth opportunity any candidate looking to join a highly creative media organization.including but not limited to: 100+ radio station sites,
the lead editor’s responsibility is to coordinate all logistics pertaining to publication of pop and urban web content on cbsi music’s sites and products, mp3.com and cnet music properties, last.fm.
minimum education level bachelor\'s degree
job status full time.
· strong script writing and news judgment skills.
· experience developing and overseeing editorial content, quality assurance and proofreading, including editing.
· ability to work as part of a team in a multi-media environment.
our technology powers all radio stations for yahoo!, radio.com and cbs radio making us the #1 audio streaming platform in the world, last.fm.in a music publication, at a managerial level, and together with the team that brought you last.fm we want you to join us in rethinking how the world finds and listens to their favorite artists!
required skills/experience · experience, the music industry is changing.
· ability to work well with others including senior management.
· excellent interpersonal verbal/?written communication skills.