title: advanced excel skills (cashflow modeling, vb expsoure) would be a plus, experience with deal modeling in intex.tools, or methods and be highly driven and self-motivated to work in an at-times high paced environment, ideal candidate will have a desire to learn new concepts.communicates busniess trneds to senior management, creates financial assessments and interprets risk analytics. prior experience with the bank's mortgage busniess and mortgage reltaed data, sbo2000 also highly desirable, als, iseries.and operational performance for a specific business segment, cons prod strat mgr - rmbs captial marekts data analyst- rmbs strategy
manages a group of analysts that are responsible for performing straetgic analysis to improve portoflio risk, profitability.sound knowledge of sas / sql, and business processes preferred, financial statements.and guiding all aspects of project development, training risk management analysts, responsible for conducting interviews.and demographic performance, portfolio trends, model score use, forecasting, manages the team's analysis focusing on criteria margins.
this is a newly created role within the organization that will work with a team of highly motivated and technical capital markets execution driven associates.
prior exposure to cas (or access) and related exposure to mortgage collateral and data validations are highly desirable. las rmbs strategy team is responsible to evaluate varoius capital markets strategies related to the las portfolio of mortgage loans held on bank of america's balance sheet. candidate will follow market trends, track capital markets transactions from other financial institutions, and follow accounting and regulatory rules, read and evaluate research reports.
las rmbs strategy capital markets data analyst
capital markets analyst within the las rmbs strategy area. 5 years risk management experience preferred.key funcitons invlove deveolping asest quailty moniotring, identfiying business trends baesd on ecoonmic and portfolio condtiions, and exectuing strategic enhanecments.
caniddate will gain exposure to business decsiion maikng related to various capital markets soluitons that get impleemnted. and securitziations amnog otehrs, structured transactions, strategies may include whole loan sales.
· manage data aspects of capital markets deals
· management reporting related to deals, and/or individual companies' business position
· ad-hoc querying of sql databases
· create ad-hoc analyses and models in excel
· train more junior analysts
· 5-7 years relevant experience, als, oracle
· prior securitization deal management experience
· familiarity with finance, sas/sasplex, stratification reports
· assist senior deal managers with non-data related aspects of deal execution
· assist in evaluation of strategies by maintaining constant monitoring of various capital markets, portfolio performance, accounting and regulatory capital rules
· ability to work independently in a matrix environment, preferably at a top tier financial institution
· advanced excel and power point skills
· cas and/or advanced access (stratifying data)
· experience with mortgage loan data (or other loan level amortizing assets)
· strong sql skills
· demonstrated ability to problem solve
· excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
· strong verbal and written communication skills
· ba/bs degree or equivalent
· experience developing and automating reports using a combination of microsoft excel and vba
· working knowledge of bank of america's database environments including teradata.the team is responsible to execute on these transactions from initial data gathering to portfolio selection to due diligence to eventual execution. this position requires determining key priorities for their team while also providing analytical and technical guidance to analysts to drive project completion. the position requires technical skills necessary in the data gathering and strategy evaluation phase as well as project management skills to manage the transactions with guidance from more senior members in the group.