- also refer to position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.following lines of authority, as appropriate,
- utilizes effective communication methods and sklils.
- identifies and solves problems effectively.and continuous manner, consistent, skillful,
- implements care in a thorough.
- demontsrates knoweldge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
- demonstrated commitment to service orientation (memebrs, staff, providers).
- high school diploma/ged.
- demontsrates knowledge of legal issues, including pateint confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- establishes effective working relationships with members of the helath care team, patients, and families.unit assistants, nurse attendants,
- this job motivates and proivdes work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize and coordination) to lvn\'s, etc.
- identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.
- minimum of 6 months expeirence.
- ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
- formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nurisng diagnosis and patient outcomes.acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.basic arrhythmia recognition skills are reqiured. accurate, and concise manner,
- documents patient care and unit actiivties in a timely.patient/family education, pain, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial,
- performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, cultural, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.remaining calm,
- performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, and documenting events, informing appropriate persons.ca
the staff nurse (sn) ii is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a desingated time frame, stepdown staff nurse ii (on-call, evenings) (cs350)
location: san jose.ventilator training may be required.
- demonstrates sonud knowledge base and actoins in the care of a designated patient popualtion.
- good interpresonal skills.
- evalautes effectvieness of care gievn by health care team members.
- perofrm otehr reltaed duites as necessary.
- partiicpates in nursing resaerch activities as requseted.see job duites for speicfic experience requierments for specailty untis.
- provides data for staffing deciisons and demonstrates flexiiblity in the resoultion of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit.
- delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.fire or discipline, but does not have the authority to hire.
- demonstrated knowledge of the rn scope of practice.
- demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, and all members of the health care team, families.the environment and instrumentation, the nursing process, the sn ii provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, and other health care team members.personnel, and supplies,
- establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, equipment.may require specialty training.
- participates in unit and department performance improvement activities as directed.
- stepdown/observation unit - one year recent (within the last 3 years) experience in an acute care setting. current acls certification required within six months of hire.
- demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in english).
- current basic life support (bls) certification for health care providers.
- participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department of nursing personnel.
- speciality areas - if no qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the specialty areas listed below.
- graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the brn of rn student clinical experience or graduate of registered nursing and either 1) 2000 hours of rn experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level msn program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- current license to practice as a registered nurse in california.