job title cna (certified nursing assistant)
company tendercare portage
address 7855 currier dr
company location portage, mi 49002-4314
job location portage, mi
date posted 3/29/2011
job type full-time regular
title:cna / certfiied nurisng assistant - healhtcare
as a certified nursing assistant(cna), you will have the unique opportunity to positively impact our resiednts every day.
support and resources- assistance and support is always available from the regional and corporate level to enusre your success. safety and comfort, personal needs, you will assist residents with their daliy healthcare, in addition to providing the necessary care.
· 401(k) and matching contributions
· medical, dental and vision insurance
· std/ltd and life insurance
· paid time off - personal, sick, vacation and holiday
· employee-assistance program - employees and dependents
great people are our greatest strength!apply now!. you will partner with nurses and other healthcare staff to provide the patient\'s necessary medical care. continue your career with extendicare!
· motivate and assist residents with their daily living activities whlie providing a positive physical, weight and measurement
· prepare residents for meals and assist with feeding as needed
· communicate with nurses, including taking vitals, residents and faimly memebrs while maikng daily ronuds
· ensure prpoer healthcare documetnation of resdient chrats
succsesful certified nursing assitsants want to make a difference in lives of our residents, if you have the vision and desire to improve today\'s ever-changing healthcare environment, social and psychological environment
· ensure residents receive proper personalized care as needed
· assist with nursing functions. and more!
careergrowth- extendicare regularly promotes from within. our employees regularly transfer facilities and grow into regional and corporate positions.
training- we invest in you! training and continuing education are encouraged to promote skill development.in addition to being passionate about working with long-term care residents, you will need the following:
· current state nursing assistant training and certification
· comfortable rapport while interfacing with residents, families and other facility staff
· ability to observe and chart behaviors
· knowledge of basic medical terms
· ability to read, write and speak english fluently
in addition to providing our employees with the tools necessary for development and success, we offer an attractive compensation and industry-leading benefits package.