job title compliance director
job family ethics & compliance
job category full-time
job classification experienced/established
division corporate office of ethics and compliance
relocation assistance within country
at abbott, we provide the perspectives and experience necessary to translate science into real solutions for patients in over 130 markets worldwide.
- operates with autonomy and limited supervision.with challenging opportunities and work that makes a difference, lead and grow, our employees are given the tools to succeed.innovative thinkers who are passionate about the work they do, abobtt employees are representative of the diversity of the patients we strive to serve every single day across the globe.
- leads cross-functional teams on complex issues or projects.or equivalent work expeirence strongly preferred, masters, cpa, jd.
- responsible for directing the development and administration of oec education and training, and development and implementation of divisional monitoring plan, identifying compilance risk areas and communicates such risk areas to division management along with action plans to address risk.today, 000 employees are doing work that matetrs, abbott\'s nearly 90.
- the director performs the following with minimal supervision from eco.
core job responsibilities:
responsible for compilance with applicable corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
- directs and conducts periodic reviews and updates related to complex oec policy and divisional/affiliate procedures ensuring clarity, applicability and compliance to oec policy and external requierments with minimal supervision from eco.reviews industry trends and internal results, and recommends corrective actions.
- oversees all compliance review committees at the divisional or affiliate level and provides input on violation process.
significant work activities & conditions continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
percent of travel 0 - 20 %
country united states
site location lake county, abbott is regarded as an employer of choice for our commitment to workplace excellence, il
employer of choice
through numerous local, national and international accolades.we believe that diversity drives innovation,
at abbott.through our diverse healhtcare busiensses, we conenct pepole and potetnial in ways that no otehr comapny can.
- assgined matters/busniess untis have signiifcant imapct to abbott\'s compliance prorgam.busniess funcitons such as compliance, govenrment affiars, regualtory affiars, or expsoure to, leagl,
sklils/experience requirements minmium of 8 years experience with, and finance.compliance analysts, compliance managers as needed,
- provides guidance and direction to coordinators. reviews internal trends and implement corrective actions.
position accountability / scope
accountable to eco and senior divisional management.
- partners with eco and business on compliance audits, oversees the fulfillment of auditors requests, acts as liaison between business and auditors during on site activities, evaluates and responds to all complex preliminary findings and recommendations, guides the business in preparing corrective action to address complex and highly complex findings and recommendations.divisional or corporate level, regional,
job description primary job function:
- provides direct oversight for complex elements of abbott\'s compliance program at the franchise, business unit.analyzes alternatives and works with legal, to propose solutions to the business,
- provides leadership and guidance on proposed commercial programs, identifies complex legal and regulatory issues, as appropriate.
discover a world of opportunities at abbott.guidance and support to all levels of key divisional business functions on complex ethics and compliance issues, including policy interpretation and requirement,
- provide leadership, compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations.resolves complex ethics and compliance matters that have significant impact to abbott.
education requirements ba/bs required. implements,
- develops, updates, and delivers oec\'s comprehensive training program on complex oec and divisional/affiliate policies and procedures.
- provides oversight to corporate and/or divisional monitoring process to ensure compliance with oec/affiliate policies and procedures.
- possesses in-depth knowledge of abbott\'s businesses supported and knowledge of the broader business impact.