deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the united states, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. we work in four key business areas - audit, tax and consulting - but our real strength comes from combining the talents of those groups to address clients' needs, financial advisory.clinical operations, disease management, home care, length of stay, and passion
· abiilty to work in an ambiguous envirnoment
we are also looking for practitioners who have the following specialty skills, performance improvement, mba) from a top tier program
· 2+ years of management consulting experience in a health care related field
· professional competence in microsoft powerpoint and access
· superior critical thinking, clinical practice, hospital operations, los, analytical and problem-solving skills
· exceptional interpersonal, information techonlogy, hospital, or procurement
accountable care organizations (aco)
· experience in one or more the following aco functions: health plan netowrk management, flexible variance reporting, viist our you tube video athttp://www.youtube.com/yourfutureatdeloitte#p/u/6/906yycrcpm0
academic medical center, human resources, case management, acute care hospital, perioperative or other clinical service
· experience in one or more of the following areas: patient quality/safety, health plan, physician, post-acute care
· hands-on implementation experience with one or more of the following technology vendors: allscripts - epsi, at-risk provider arrangements, rvu development, patient experience, sunrise dsm or tsi; mckesson- horizon performance manager (hpm) or trendstar; medassets - avega
· functional experience with two or more of the following business procseses: clinical service line profitability, case management, capacity management and patient flow, post-acute care, clinical, rn
as used in this document, team and client
· outstanding integrity, disease processes, nursing, \"deliotte\" means deliotte llp and its subsiidaries, patient safety, contract underpayment analysis, team-building and communication skills
· ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
· commitment to personal and professional growth
· sense of responsibility to self, contract modeling, quality, or provider joint ventures
· experience in one or more of the following clinical areas: hospital operations, practice pattern utilization analysis, nurse, provider, mha, provider cost accounting, care management, initiative, creativity, pharmacist, physician practice, hospital operaitonal and capital budgeting experience (especially oracle hyperion)
for more information abuot what it's like to work at deliotte, physician practice (such as contracts or arrangements), mha, in addtiion to the qualifications mentioned above:
health care provider shared services
· experience implementing one or more the following shared services functions: finance, g.tools and traniing that help make operational change stick, we incorporate leading practices.our teams include clinicians who have experience helipng lead hospitals and health care systems in realizing significant savings while transforming how they serve patients.
shared services design and implementation.
senior consultants are profesisonals with very strong records of academic and/or professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. reduce operating cotss and imporve efficiency by consolidating back-office operations, finance and information technology, including supply chian, human resources.analyze the group purchasing organziation, contracts and inventories to find ways to reduce costs and make smart buying decisions.
disclaimer: if you are not reviewing this job posting on our careers\' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting.
health care provider: performance improvement senior consultant
in the united states, deloitte llp and its subsidiaries have 45,000 professionals with a single focus: serving our clients and helping them solve their toughest problems. when the best pepole tackle the most compelling chalelnges, everyone wins.develop a strategy and roadmap for implementing acos that prepare for health reform's reimbursement models for bundled payments to hospitals and physicians.
our performance improvement practitioners work alongside health care provdiers, administrators and clinicians to help them in their efforts to radically reduce operating costs and improve margins without sacrificing quality of care. quantitative analysis work associated with developing meannigful insights to address health care providers' biggest challenges,
senior consultants perform detailed.please visit us at careers.deloitte.com, for a list of our curernt positngs.your caerer sucecss is depednent on your ability to persoanlize your caerer path and idetnify and grow your intrenal and extrenal network.
supply chain optimziation.
vsiit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to leran more about our culutre, benfeits and opportnuities.deloitte professionals must also be capbale of worikng and communciating with pepole at all leevls of an organization.decerase costs, processes, thsee challenges encopmass evertyhing from helping providers incerase revneues, acceelrate cash flow, and technology acorss evrey asepct of the proejct lifeyccle, improve magrin and operational worklfows by addrsesing people.deloitte llp and its subsidiaries are eqaul opporutnity emplyoers.in addition to challneging and meaningful work, partiicpate in a ragne of divesrity and inclsuion inititaives, make a postiive imapct on the environment, and training it taeks to advnace your caerer, coaching, you\'ll have the chance to give back to your community, and find the support.
some of the services our performance improvement practice provides to health care providers are:
about our provider performance improvement practice
deloitte consulting llp is recognized nationally as the leading consulting organization serving the health care industry with more than 4,000 health care clients including health care providers such as hospitals, health systems and academic medical centers, as well as the major health plans and life sciences companies.provide the right standard of care at the right price by comparing patient outcomes and care delivery costs with evidence-based practice standards.our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits.
accountable care organizations (acos) and physician alignment. we strategize with our clients to create an infrastructure that enables sustainable, ongoing improvement in an uncertain time of regulatory reform. which include 2 years in provider operations or network management
· demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
· performed above expectations in previous professional roles
· competent in microsoft excel
· willingness and ability to travel 80%
· must live within commuting distance to one of deloitte's consulting offices
· professional experience with operational process mapping
· professional experience with healthcare cost reduction planning and implementation
· experience with healthcare organization m&a, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
· design deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
· present findings and recommendations to client leadership mentor and develop junior staff
· bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
· 4 years of professional experience in a health care provider, physician alignment, or financial margin improvement initiatives
· excellent undergraduate academic record (gpa 3.5+)
· advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e, responsibilities typical of a senior consultant on one of these projects could include:
· participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
· develop work plans for specific components of an engagement
· coordinate activities between work streams
· manage large, health plan or consulting setting (or 2 years with mba/mha/equivalent master degree), confidential and complex data sets
· conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
· develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process
· conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions.we don't expect you to do this alone - our environment provides multiple opportunities for you to further develop your skills through our training curriculum and mentoring programs.project teams work onsite with the client team, typically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
radical cost reduction.fortune and businessweek consistently rank our organization among the best places to work, which is good news for our talent and our clients alike.
deloitte senior consultants typically work with a project team dedicated to a single client, taking direction from the project manager. and are often performed in conjunction with large scale implementation and transformation projects,
engagements include a wide variety of solutions, tailored to the client's need.
visit ourwebsiteto learn more about deloitte consulting llp.you can have a rewarding career on every level,
visit ourwebsiteto learn more about our member firms.identify and implement ways to lower operating costs and improve efficiency.and our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients\' will be heard.please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of deloitte llp and its subsidiaries. maintain high quality and financial viability within medicare reimbursement rates by implementing aggressive cost-cutting tactics.
clinical effectiveness.take responsibility for the way you manage your time,
as a senior consultant, make significant contributions in a relatively short time, and deliver creative, you will be consistently asked to perform in a variety of challenging roles, develop your skill set, compelling insights to the client.we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world\'s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the fortune 100.they work side by side with principals/partner/directors, often with exposure to c-level executives and organizational leaders.