- also refer to position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.curernt nrp certification is reqiured.
- mother/baby - one year recent (wihtin the last 3 yeras) expeirence in mother-baby/perinatal/post partum. the nurisng process, the sn ii provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, and other health care team members, the environment and instrumentation.
- demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
- identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.
- demonstrated knowledge of the rn scope of practice.staff nurse ii - inpatient nurisng (485) - mom/baby - 24/night - antioch
location: antioch, ca
the staff nurse (sn) ii is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame.
- delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.
- high school diploma/ged.
- provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.tuesday sat
week 2: sunday,
schedule: horus 11:00pm-7:30am
week 1: monday, thursday friday.
- ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
- demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a designated patient population.
- documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, and concise manner, accurate.nurse attendants, etc, unit assistants,
- this job motivates and provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize and coordination) to lvn\'s.
- formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nurisng diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- participates in unit and department performance improvement activities as directed.
- evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.
- demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, and all members of the health care team, families.
- current basic life support (bls) certification for health care providers.
- demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department of nursing personnel.compeltion of breastfeeding education preferred.
- graudate of an accrdeited regitsered nursing prorgam and completion of the current horus required by the brn of rn stuednt cliincal expeirence or graudate of registered nursing and eihter 1) 2000 horus of rn expeirence in cliincal area of specailty from a licnesed actue care facliity within there (3) years of gradaution; or 2) graduate of an accredited licnesed vocaitonal nursing prorgam that inculdes cliincal stuednt experience in actue care and has wokred 2000 hours as an licnesed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level msn program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- good interpersonal skills.acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.skillful,
- implements care in a thorough, and continuous manner, consistent.
- establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.focusing on physiologic, pain,
- performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, family involvement and patient advocacy, cultural, psychosocial, patient/family education.
- identifies and solves problems effectively.
- participates in nursing research activities as requested.and documenting events,
- performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons.may be expected to cross train to at least 1 other maternal child health/family centered care area with appropriate certifications.fire or discipline, but does not have the authority to hire.
- perform other related duties as necessary.
- demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- speciality areas - if no qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the specialty areas listed below.
- utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit.
- demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in english).
- current license to practice as a registered nurse in california.see job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty units.
- minimum of 6 months experience.
- demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.