view job requisition - tanker systems ipt certification engineer 4/5
requisition number: applies an interdisciplinary, program, and ensuring alignment of certifciation requirements between the customer, customer and faa expectations, collaborative approach to assist the sysetms ipt in standardizing certifciation develpoment.identifies and resolves any isuses and provide solutions and or recommendations to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- ensures that the certifciation basis is updated due to chagnes to airplane configuration.represents the sysetms ipt in programlevelcertificationplanning and strategy meetings.
preefrred -subject matter exeprt in knoweldge of proudct/service value stream.[ + ] product knowledge
basic -extensive knowledge of product/service value stream.uses syntax, volume, and mechanics approrpiate to the media being used; attends to both direct and indirect messages from otehrs; correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately, pace, diction.the structured interview is a standardized method of
evaluating candidates\' job-related competencies to support an objective selection and promotion process.these additional items are reqiured for the company to comply with various laws and regualtory rules.[ + ] industry regultaions
basic -extensive and specialized knowledge of fedreal avitaion adminitsration and foriegn regualtory agecnies procdeures and regulations.consistently seeks input from audience; checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding.
every job requisition has speicfic and unique requirements listed under \'description\', \'competencies\'.advises fellow project leads and other internal employees in effective communication techniques.
job-relevant work experience, and other requirements described in this requisition -
will be the basis for applicant screening, inclduing resume reviews, education,
the job specifications - including competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics), structured interviews and any other
assessments used to support the hiring decision.abet is the prefrered, altohugh not reqiured, accredtiation stadnard.master\'s with 7 or more years\' experience or phd with 4 or more years\' experience, amended type certifciation (atc), or supplemental type certifciation (stc) was required?
typical education/experience level 4 - degree and typical experience in engineering classification: bachelor\'s and 9 or more years\' experience,
basic qualifications for consideration do you have experience organizing and leading multi-discipline engineering teams?
do you have a minimum of 7 years of airplane experience working with aircraft systems techincal development and certification?
do you have experience supporting an federal aviation administration (faa) certification program where a type certification (tc).
- coordinate with saw to ensure consistent ar coverage throughout the certification program
[ + ] communication
consistently clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence.
- ensure certification plnas and certification approaches are consistent among airplane systems and aligned with bdco guidance and management directions.
- oversight includes reviewing the plan to assure it is complete, complies with certification basis and is coordinated with suppliers and partners.
- leads and guide in the resolution of significant certification issues.all candidates considered for this position may be
required to participate in a structured interview.
job type non-management
experience level career/experienced
exemption status exempt
security clearance required?
(security clearance definitions) ability to obtain interim and/or final clearances (post start) - us citizenship required
work eligibility required? yes
us person status required? yes
export control required? yes
relocation money available?
(things you should know about relocation benefits) yes
date posted 09/13/2011
(things you should know about closing dates) 09/27/2011
position description serves as overall single ponit of conatct and techincal advsior for systems certification planning and prepaerdness for the kc-46 takner systems intergated product team (ipt). accreditation standard, abet is the preferred, although not required.collaobrates with others on the most comlpex proejcts assgined.
preferred -advnaced/expert knowledge of federal aviation administration and foreign regulatory agecnies procedures and regulations.
- actviely partiicpates in resovling certification issues to minmiize certification risk.
- ovesrees the development of mulitple and comlpex certification plans, including provdiing technical ownesrhip as appropriate, and negoitates changes required in oredr to seucre apporval of certification plan by regulatory agencies.
plaese note that depedning on the specific position, and/or other requirements, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, credit checks.independently identifies project resource requirements, integrate and direct multi project elements into a single collective overall project plan.
- consults on difficult issues relative to compliance with certification checklist items and leads major resulting negotiations with regulatory agencies.91, 119, 25, 65, and operation of aircraft to ensure compliance in concept and design, 43, 121, certification, and 145 on the maintenance, technical
[ + ] federal aviation reg
basic -extensive and specialized knowledge of federal aviation regulations (far) parts 21, repair.candidate must have experience supporting an federal aviation administration (faa) certification program such as type certification (tc), or supplemental type certification (stc), amended type certification (atc).[ + ] project management
extensive experience in creating comprehensive multi-tiered project schedules for significant business unit projects; identifies time frames for key project milestones and ensure alignment of sub tier activities for overall project visibility, tracking and completion. consistently keeps the audience thoroughly engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, body language, humor, an appealing style, and voice inflection, illustrations.repair, and 145 on the maintenance, 43, 65, 25, certification,
other job related information technical competence: requires an advanced/expert knowledge of federal aviation administration (faa) procedures and regulations including far parts 21, 119, 121, 91, and operation of aircraft to ensure compliance in concept and design.master or doctorate of science degree from an accredited course of study, computer science, physics or chemistry, mathematics, in engineering, bachelor.delegate and ensure performance of assigned responsibilities and tasks as a project team leader in support of the overall large scale and complex projects, ability to direct.
level 5 - degree and typical experience in engineering classification: bachelor\'s 14 or more years\' experience, master\'s with 12 or more years\' experience or phd with 9 or more years\' experience. applicants will increase their opportunities for consideration by demonstrating
compatibility with these requirements in their resumes.-
posting status: available
location mukilteo, wa
(things you should know about virtual office) virtual work not available
business unit commercial airplanes
division bca airplane programs
program kc-46 tanker program
occupation title systems engineering
skills management title certificatn/qualificatn
job classification 6k8cp4
note: the level of the classification for a specific applicant will be based on the qualifications of that applicant.
- reviews certification processes and tools for impact on airplane systems certification approach and sow.
- leads systems certification team in the development of the certification basis proposal by coordinating with the systems certification focals and help with the final negotiation of the certification basis.
- responsible for the tanker systems certification activities and implementation of certification strategies.11-1018664
job status: activated -
posting type: posted internally and externally. directs and manages very complex project schedules requiring interfacing with multi regional or international activities. background, consistently frames even complex messages in line with audience experience, examples, and expectations; uses terms, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience.
- provides regular certification progress status reports to executive management.bachelor, master or doctorate of science degree from an accredited course of study, mathematics, in engineering, computer science, physics or chemistry.121, 25, 65,
preferred -advanced/expert knowledge of federal aviation regulations (far) parts 21, repair, and operation of aircraft to ensure compliance in concept and design, certification, 119, 91, 43, and 145 on the maintenance.
Ref: e6885307d0 | 18 Sep 07:31