job title unit supervisor/manager
company statesman health & rehab ctr
address 2629 trenton rd
company location levittown, pa 19056-1490
job location levittown, pa
date posted 9/19/2011
job type full-time regular
5. attends regularly conducted stfaf meetings as scheduled by the director of nursing/nurse manager and partiicpates regularly in continuing eductaion inservice programs.
· demonstrates proper use of equipment. it is not intended as a complete list of specific duites and responsibilities.
12. conducts weekly shift meetings with nursing assistants.
3. gives/receives the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.rn unit manager
reports to: don
summary of position:under the supervision of the don, the unit manager assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of resiednts. communicates chagnes/nedes on his/her unit to interdisicplinary team. and working conditions,
this description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills.all emplyoees of nursing homes may be reqiured to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. write,
5. ability to read, speak and undesrtand english.
· knows and follows facliity rules.
· receives and handles employee complaints.
- revised 7/16/03. direct, not is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to asisgn, and control the work of emplyoees under supervision.resdient and family when changes occur, communicates with physciian.participates in all-hands dining.
13. participates in the performance improvement proecss.
· ensrues care is provided as needed by residents.supervisory responsibilities
· maeks daliy work assignments.the tasks on this position description marked with an asterisk() are those that regularly require these physical activities. resdient care rooms and treamtent areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner, ).
· uses required protective equipment.
· prepares written evaluations of assgined employees.
11. follows up on any pharmacy recommendations to assure response and implementation of any order changes.
· uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of protected helath information necessary to complete assgined tasks.
· informs physician of resdient change of condtiion.
the designation of \"essential functions\" and \"otehr duties\" is for purposes of compliance with the americans with disabilities act.
19. follow facliity dress and hygiene policies.medicaid,
· reveiws documents for all pertinent data as required by medicare, extendicare standards and policies.
· ensures required patient assessments and interventions are completed.
2. ability to manage and supervise a nursing unit.
· reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the approrpiate facility personnel.
· reveiws charting in nurses notes for accurate informative and descriptive recording that reflects the care provided as well as the resident\'s response to the care.
· reports resident/patient complaints to manaegment.as assigned in facility disaster plan, which may include transportation of residents,
· perofrms duties.i hereby accept the position of rn supervisor and agree to abide by the requirement set forth and will perform all duties and responsibilities to the best of my ability. and abilities:
· participates in care plan development and attends resident care conferences for his/her unit.pushing, bending,
17. performs physical activities including standing, stooping, lifting(up to 60 pounds unassisted), pulling and twisting.
· reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to supervisor.help the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights.
7. ability to relate positively, volunteers and other facility staff, effectively, community members, families, and appropirately with residents.
10. ensures mediaction room and mediaction cart are locked according to regulations.
9. completes follow up investigation and as needed provides or arranges for follow up education reltaed to any medication erorrs.
· reasisgns employees from one area to anohter area as facility nedes dicatte.employees must meet applciable health requierments impsoed by law, in addtiion.i understand that as a reuslt of my emplyoment i may be expsoed to the aids and hepaittis virsues.at lesat daily,
· reveiws care plnas, to enusre appropriate care.
2. performs other duties as dirceted by facility management.
· appriases the don of resident changes in condition.
4. ensures assigned work area(i.medication adminitsration reocrd(\"mar\"), kadrex/care plan a, are impleemnted as required, treatment/care plnas,
· reviews physician\'s oredrs to enusre they are appropriately recroded resident\'s chrat.
14. participates in the interdisciplinary plan of care(\"ipoc\") process for assigned residents.
· reviews 24°report and makes ronuds to meet resident care needs and assign staff.
· assists the physician in therapeutic measures, as needed.it indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. pulling and twisting, lifting(up to 60 pounds unassisted),
position responsibilities:the responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, stooping, bending, pushing.
i have read the above job description and fully understand the requirements set forth herein.
· initials time records to authorize variances.performs duties as defined by the state nurse practice act.employees holding this position will be required to perform all job duties, consistent with law.
· participates in training programs and assists in orientation of new staff.nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and the employer. (applies only if position requires access to phi under role based access grid.
· follows and adheres to extendicare\'s policies and procedures implementing hipaa requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information.cart, medication room, etc.
· follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.the employer retains and reserves any and all rights to change, to be proper, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, modify, in its judgement, amend.med, e. nurse station.holiday and weekend hours as scheduled,
18. works overtime.
15. complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and acts in accordance with extendicare\'s corporate compliance program.
· authority to suspend employees for rules violation.
· directs the work of employees.
7. provides the following nursing functions:
· responsible for resident care on the unit he/she manages.
4. one year of supervisory experience preferred.
8. ensures controlled drugs are counted by two nurses at shift change and notifies the don of all drug and narcotic discrepancies.
3. participates in marketing events.
· interviews applicants that will be assigned to his/her area of responsibility.
· completes the required forms upon admission, and/or discharge, transfer.
16. treats all residents, and staff with courtesy, visitors.
· maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information.lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff
1. reports equipment needs or repairs.
· helps determine policies for improvement of care.
6. handles on-call responsibilities as required.
3. ability to make independent decisions.planning, and evaluation of the plan of care, implementation, nursing care is provided through assessment.follows all extendicare\'s policies and procedures. as required by law,
6. meets all health requirements.possesses a current license to practice in the state as an rn.
· follows facility smoking policies.
· enforces facility policies with authority to issue disciplinary action reports as needed.)
· reports all suspected violation of company\'s hipaa policies or procedures to facility privacy designee.
17.attends and participates in inservice classes, performance improvement(\"pi\") committees, and other meetings as assigned.
· schedules lunch and rest breaks
· authorizes early departure from work.the unit manager adheres to the standards of care for the area, manages the environment to maintain resident safety, and supervises the care provided by nurses, and nursing assistants and helpers.
2. makes frequent rounds to note resident condition and to ensure nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.monitors supplies and orders as needed.
· authorizes overtime.
· knows resident rights. communicates changes in resident status and resident needs to staff on unit in a timely manner.